You want to create a .gif file which is running to your pc, but the problem is you can not find a easy way to do that. So what now? the solution is there is a software that can help you and that is LICEcap. LICEcap can capture an area of your desktop and save it directly to .GIF (for viewing in web browsers, etc) or .LCF (see below).
LICEcap is a very user friendly software. It is an automatic but flexible application for both windows and Oxs, that is designed to be lightweight and function with high performance.
In addition to .GIF, LICEcap supports its own native lossless .LCF file format, which allows for higher compression ratios than .For gif file creation it is very good , because you can edit it by your own way .GIF, higher quality (more than 256 colors per frame), and more accurate timestamping. If you record to .LCF, you can play back the .LCF files within REAPER (and/or use it to convert to .gif or another video format).
LICEcap is GPL free software, each download package includes the source.
How To Quickly Create an Animated Gif in Seconds –
Features and options:-
- It can Record to .GIF or .LCF directly.
- while running It Move the screen capture frame .
- with optional inserted text messages.
- Easily Pause and restart running, with optional inserted text messages.
- Customizable Adjustable maximum recording frame rate, to allow throttling CPU usage.
- It consist Basic title frame, with or without text.
- Record mouse button presses.
- It show Display elapsed time in the running.
Convert Video To Gif (LICEcap)-
- Windows XP/Vista/7 / OSX: OS 10.4+ (10.6+ for full feature support), PPC or Intel (note: OS X support is still preliminary, some features are not supported)
- A reasonably fast CPU
- f RAM (1GB+, especially when encoding to LCF)
Visit to download this software Download link
Do you have any tips for using LICEcap? Please add them to this list. Please vote up or down any tips that are already here. Thank you!
Your top tips on how to use @LICEcap #Crowdify #GetItDone
Your top tips on how to use @LICEcap #webtoolswiki
Do you know any LICEcap alternatives? Please add the names of each tool to this list and help others to find them and try them out. Please vote up or down any alternative so we find the most popular ones. Thank you!
Your suggestions for alternatives to @LICEcap #Crowdify #GetItDone
Your suggestions for alternatives to @LICEcap #webtoolswiki
We hope you enjoy LICEcap. To search for any other online tool please use our search box at the top of the page. If you have benefited from what you have learned here we hope you will consider sharing this page with your social media friends by using one of the sharing buttons out on the left. Thank you!
If you have any questions about LICEcap please ask in the comment boxes below either Google+ or click over to Facebook. If you know lots about LICEcap or any other tool featured in The Web Tools Wiki then please let us know in the comments as well. We will connect with you and give you editing rights. We often pay regular editors for their time.